Thursday, December 20, 2012

One for the girls

I spent the weekend working on these gorgeous girly Christmas stockings for my darlings at work. I started with several pieces of paper and a pencil, and just kind of sketched out the shape. I found it just a little bit ironic that the paper I used was a blurb from the local council on their recycling and environmental initiatives. So with tongue in the corner of my mouth and a crooked grin I set about drafting up a pattern for the girly boot-style Christmas stocking that had been rattling around in my brain for days.

 The first one was a bit hit-and-miss, and I kind of worked out as I went. I had to resize the gusset piece to get it all to fit together nicely. But on the whole, the machining was fairly quick. The time consuming part was fiddling with all the finishing details and getting each one to look just so.
I was pretty chuffed to have made four Christmas presents without going out and buying a thing. Some of the fabrics were lovely old vintage pieces, others were remnants, and some just out of my Pandora's box of a sewing stash.
Each boot is lined from the top down to the ankle, and stuffed from the toe to meet the lining (does that make sense?).
So here they are, the light wasn't all that crash hot when I took the photo, but you get the idea.
I placed a beautiful Christmas ornament inside each stocking boot and wrapped them for giving a few days ago. I really do hope that they will be loved and enjoyed not only this Christmas, but for the many that may follow.
Feeling the love,
Evie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave me a comment, (just a line or two will do), then I will get back to you, and that would be like having a bit of a chat (and that's always nice). :)